top of page

April 14, 2020 – If all you can give…

I testify to you that “thru cloud and sunshine” the Lord will abide with us, our “afflictions [can be] swallowed up in the joy of Christ,” and “it is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do.” I testify that Jesus Christ will return to the earth “with healing in his wings.” Ultimately, He “shall wipe away all tears from [our] eyes; and there shall be no more … sorrow.” For all who will “come unto Christ, and be perfected in him,” the “sun shall no more go down; … for the Lord shall be [our] everlasting light, and the days of [our] mourning shall be ended.

Sister Reyna I. Aburto, “Thru Cloud and Sunshine, Lord, Abide with Me!”, General Conference, October 2019


There is tremendous hope in that, one day, we will rest from all of our labors. We will rest from all of our battling. We will rest from all the uphill climbing. We will one day be free from pain. We will be free from the weaknesses of mortality, both physical challenges and spiritual challenges. Oh what rest that will be! But the time is not now for us to stop.


At times, it is easy to give up or at least stop fighting for a moment to catch our breath. It is easy to say “why?”. It’s in those moments of weakness that we need to remember….we are not alone. There are loved ones, living and on the other side, with us in every step. There are angels unknown to us to bear us up, to strengthen us so we can keep fighting. And Christ is with us always. He knows how to help. He knows because He’s been through every single feeling that we experience. He is the only one that can show true empathy. When you see only one set of footprints in the sands of trials and challenges, “it [is] then that [Christ] carried you”.



He carries us when we’re too weak to keep going. If all we can do is desire to keep fighting, He makes it so our sword is swift and sure and our shield is blocking all of the fiery darts. Even if we have no strength to lift the sword and shield. If we desire to give 100% but can only muster 1%, He fills in the other 99%.


For me, it makes no sense not to be yoked with the Savior to give 100% together than to only give 1% alone.


“Take my yoke upon you….and ye shall find rest unto yours souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” – Matthew 11:29-30

#dailythoughts

0 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All
bottom of page